Enrolling at UCO to obtain a French diploma
As a degree-seeking student
How to register ?
You are not a French citizen and wish to acquire French diploma ?
Bachelor’s degree, a one-year vocational degree, a Master's degree or a doctorate at UCO, please follow the procedure that corresponds to your nationality.
IF YOUR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN DEPENDs ON THE CEF "études en france" PROCESS (study in France)
Countries which are concerned : Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Columbia, Comoros, Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Peru, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, United States of America, Vietnam.
In order to access and complete your electronic application form, please follow the steps below.
1 | Log on to: pastel diplomatie website
- Create an account
- Answer the various questions asked
- Select Université catholique de l’Ouest then the UCO campus offering the course or diploma programme of your choice
- Write your statement of purpose for this particular course or diploma programme
- Register your request
- Submit your application to Campus France
2 | Prepare your hard copy application
3 | Make an appointment with your local Campus France office.
4 | You should then contact us with your identification number which we will use to upload your application file for examination.
If your country does not fall under the CEF procedure
If your country of origin does not fall under the CEF procedure Études en France (Study in France)
Get in touch with UCO’s International Student Recruitment
E-mail your application along with the following documents (as a single PDF document):
- A curriculum vitae
- A statement of purpose indicating the exact course or degree you wish to apply for
- A copy of your official birth certificate
- A photocopy of your passport
- Any relevant additional information to enable a more detailed assessment of your application
- Proof of your French-language proficiency (except for French native speakers): DELF (level C1 for all language courses; level B2 for all other courses) or level 4 TCF
- A certified photocopy of your diplomas: French Baccalauréat or equivalent with the official transcript, University degrees with the official transcript. All the documents drafted in another language than French must be accompanied by a French translation certified as conforming to the original
- The receipt of payment for 120 € (by bank transfer preferably) for administrative expenses
An incomplete application will not be considered and may therefore simply be rejected. Your application will then be examined by UCO and a decision will be made on pedagogical grounds. In the event of a favorable decision, your application will then have to be assessed by an external academic recognition board. To that end you will be sent an academic recognition request to be returned by the deadline date specified. The final answer will be given in June or July of the year for which you have applied for entry.
For admission into a 1st year of a Bachelor’s degree at a French university, you will need to contact the French embassy of your home country to file a preliminary application of admission (in French: Demande d'Admission Préalable or DAP). This is unless you hold a French baccalauréat, a secondary school leaving certificate from another EU or EEA country, in which case this DAP is not necessary.
For all information concerning your visa, please consult the Campus France website.